Our direct retailers are required to uphold our age verification procedures by signing a Retailer Pledge, which requires each customer to present a valid government-issued identification card that indicates their age and other necessary information. Direct Retailers also have the right to put the transaction on hold when in doubt of the customer’s age eligibility.
To ensure that Direct Retailers are strictly complying with the stringent measures of the age verification process, Bidi Vapor sends mystery shoppers to the retail stores. If the direct retailers are caught breaching the terms in the Retailer Pledge, the company will be obliged to cancel the orders they place and their re-selling rights for the Bidi Stick.
Bidi Vapor Retailer Pledge Terms
Below you can see the terms for our Retailer Pledge regarding purchasing and reselling of the Bidi Stick.
If you have any questions, please email us directly at email@example.com.
Eligibility and Inclusion
The terms of this pledge are open to acknowledged and authorized direct retailers (both online and brick-and-mortar) of Bidi Vapor. All direct retail partners who dive into reselling Bidi Vapor’s Bidi Stick are bound to the terms and conditions of this pledge, incumbent wholesaler, direct retailers, or any new partners.
Pledging in the Terms
Bidi Vapor commits to its responsible marketing with only adult smokers as our intended audience. All direct retailers working with Bidi Vapor must share the same responsibility in preventing youth access to this product. Bidi Vapor strictly steers away from underage access and use in support of the current laws on vaping.
As of December 20, 2019, the legal age to purchase any tobacco and nicotine product is 21 years old. Selling any nicotine or tobacco product to anyone under the age of 21 is a violation of the Tobacco 21 Federal Law.
Comprehensive Age Verification Process
Bidi Vapor will not sell to any direct retailers, who have a history of selling to minors as indicated at the FDA’s retailer inspection database. The company ensures to conduct a comprehensive age verification process before any sale or transaction. We employ a state-of-the-art third party company that verifies the age and identity of consumers across multiple databases to guarantee that no underage buyers get access to our products.
Bidi Vapor direct retailers must share the same responsibility to uphold the company’s policy in preventing sale to minors. To adhere to the strict age verification process of Bidi Vapor direct retailers must:
- Require the consumers to present a government-issued identification card before allowing any transaction. If the third-party company fails to verify the consumer’s age and identity, the purchase will be put on hold until a customer service representative confirms the identification.
- Secure online purchases with adequate age-verification online technology. Direct retailers must incorporate a reputable age verification software to ensure that no minors can make purchases online.
- Require a signature upon delivery to ensure that the product will not fall in the hands of a minor
- Set a quantity order limit of 30 Bidi Sticks in a rolling month.
- Only allow vending machine sales of Bidi Sticks in an adult-only facility.
- Call the customers within 24 hours of purchase to further verify their age and identity.
Mystery Shopper and Employee Training Programs
As part of our efforts to ensure our commitment to adhering to the regulations towards the prevention of underage selling of Bidi Sticks, Bidi Vapor will send Mystery Shopper(s) to ensure that direct retailers are strictly complying to our stringent measures of Age Verification Process. Direct retailers should also:
- Establish a hotline for reports on non-compliant sales.
- Consider establishing company policies that take employee performance on compliance checks and disciplinary sanctions for noncompliance with the illegal sale of tobacco products to persons under the age of 21.
- Implement guidelines in reporting retailer violations to the FDA.
- Practice comprehensive training programs for direct retailer store staff.
- Require clerks who sell tobacco to be at least 21 years of age.
- Notify employees about this pledge and require them to sign an acknowledgment stating that they have read and understood the guidelines.
- Implement disciplinary actions for employee noncompliance in the selling of Bidi Stick to minors as well as practicing the Comprehensive Age Verification Process.
Product Selling to California Residents
All Bidi Vapor direct retailers shall agree to abide by all FDA and state law requirements with regards to advertising, marketing, and selling tobacco products.
- Sales made to California residents should comply with the California State Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65), including product packaging and website warning requirements.
- Sales with California residents should include heightened online age verification processes as mandated by California’s Stop Tobacco Access for Kids Enforcement Act (STAKE Act).
Other Terms for Direct Retailers
- No giving out of free samples to customers
- Sale and promotion of the Bidi Stick should not be bundled with the purchase of other e-liquids as well as food, beverage, drug, and different types of consumable products.
- Samples given to direct retail shops should be in quantities sufficient for business purposes along with a written agreement that the sample will not be distributed, sold, or personally used.
- Routine audits to prevent access by minors, tampering, and access by unauthorized individuals inside the store.
- No opening of products only to sell in smaller amounts.
- No marketing of Bidi Sticks other than for adult vaping.
- No publication and distribution of any marketing materials, product review videos, articles (offline and online) without permission from Bidi Vapor.
- Once Bidi Vapor authorizes the direct retailers about the publication of marketing materials, placing health risks signs should be disclosed in the endorsement.
- No therapeutic and smoking cessation claims about Bidi Stick
- No claims about the lower risk of disease, less harmful effects, free from a substance, and reduced exposure to a substance when using Bidi Stick.
Once you purchase Bidi Stick on wholesale from Bidi Vapor, LLC, the direct retailers now holds the full responsibility in ensuring that the distribution of these products adheres to a strict age verification process and marketing approach in compliance with the law.
Bidi Vapor will not sell to any downstream, online or brick-and-mortar direct retailers, who have a history of selling to minors as indicated at the FDA’s retailer inspection database. If you fail to adhere to the terms of the Retailer Pledge, Bidi Vapor, LLC reserves the right to discontinue any order you place for any given reason and cancel your distribution rights granted by Bidi Vapor, LLC. All actions shall incur any cost for the additional work required.
Direct retailers can refer to Bidi Vapor’s guidelines for a more detailed list of terms and conditions.